Batavus HS50 Teardown?

Heyo, I got two batavus HS50's for real cheap. First one is up and running great. Second one has been repainted and I think the OG owner was going to swap the parts from the first one onto the second one but since I've got all the parts for two I figured I'd just get the first running for my girlfriend and the second I'd reassemble for me.

I've never assembled a batavus from scratch, anyone know if there's a manual out there with a teardown/rebuild guide? Worst case I'll just give it the ol college try. Google hasn't been much help cause all I can find is owners manuals with basic maintenance stuff, nothing to show me how to assemble the thing from a box of parts. Figured it might be worth a shot to post about it.

Thanks!

Re: Batavus HS50 Teardown?

Check the moped wiki

♣Slew Foot♣ /

If you need any parts for the M48 engine p.m. me I also have carbs and the pyramid read I have a few clutch parts as well

Suhayl Azan /

What fork fits on The Batavus HS50

If the performance parts shortage becomes an issue you could also convert it into a HS60 with a Sachs motor...

Hah I actually thought about that. Ive got an e50 engine laying around, even though bats are slow I like the look of them. Maybe in the future.

I did scan the wiki, no dice. I did end up finding a manual with some information on a batavus owner facebook group. Weirdly posted a day before I made this post. But thanks!

@Suzahl I'm finding a lot of puch parts fit these batavus's. The e50 3 wire stator from treats is a direct bolt on if you use the original m48 flywheel. Ive got another bat that I did that to. I'm assuming a magnum fork would probably(?) work on an HS50. But dont have any measurements to back that up.

Some BAT literature is here on Shelly's site:

https://www.sundaymorningmotors.com/Vintage-Moped-Manuals-s/1931.htm

> Jesse Z Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Heyo, I got two batavus HS50's for real cheap. First one is up and

> running great. Second one has been repainted and I think the OG owner

> was going to swap the parts from the first one onto the second one but

> since I've got all the parts for two I figured I'd just get the first

> running for my girlfriend and the second I'd reassemble for me.

>

> I've never assembled a batavus from scratch, anyone know if there's a

> manual out there with a teardown/rebuild guide? Worst case I'll just

> give it the ol college try. Google hasn't been much help cause all I can

> find is owners manuals with basic maintenance stuff, nothing to show me

> how to assemble the thing from a box of parts. Figured it might be worth

> a shot to post about it.

>

> Thanks!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account