Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch Maxi

Sir Clip /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

You got to love seeing other members reaching out and helping other members, in person.

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > noah wingren Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > if more info is needed, here it is:

>

> >

>

> > I've been told this bike is pretty heavily modified, the guys at two

>

> > stroke described it as 'the fastest bike in the tri-state area' before

> i

>

> > brought it to baltimore. that's the extent of my knowledge about the

>

> > modifications.

>

> >

>

> > ran fine in new york. transported to baltimore in the back of a sedan.

>

> > put gas and oil back in it and ignorantly tried to start it without

>

> > pulling the lever. i noticed the carb was leaking gas/oil out of the

>

> > vents in picture one. when i tried to start it properly, it would

> make

>

> > a sort of muffled sound and not start. i spilled the excess from the

>

> > vent and left the bike to dry out a bit. after a few hours of that,

> it

>

> > would start and move well but then sputter out and stop after about 20

>

> > seconds. this is still the case on the next day. my first instinct

> is

>

> > that i need to clean out the carb after doing whatever i did to make

> it

>

> > overflow and leak, but if anyone has any input on other potential

> fixes

>

> > please let me know. i need the bike running by the 9th of august as i

>

> > bought it to commute to work from the apartment i'm moving to.

>

> >

>

> > **sorry if double posting like this is disallowed, i tried to edit the

>

> > OP but was unable to

>

> Where in Baltimore are you? That's a Dellorto PHBG carb, super easy to

> clean. You didn't mess it up or do anything wrong, when you say you

> tried to start it without the lever I assume you mean you were trying to

> start it without the clutch which has absolutely no bearing on fuel

> going to the carb.

>

> I'm moving back to Columbus next Thursday but until then I'm living in

> Baltimore and would be more than happy to meet up with you this weekend,

> I could show you how to clean the carb and answer any questions you

> might have about your bike. PM me and I'll give you my number

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiTopic by: noah wingren noah wingren 07/24/19 03:44PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: noah wingren noah wingren 07/24/19 03:57PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: Nick Haber Nick Haber 07/24/19 04:06PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: Sir Clip Sir Clip 07/24/19 04:16PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: noah wingren noah wingren 07/24/19 04:51PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: noah wingren noah wingren 07/25/19 09:42PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: * * * * 07/26/19 12:07AM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: noah wingren noah wingren 07/26/19 08:14AM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: Sean Colvin Sean Colvin 07/26/19 12:56PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: noah wingren noah wingren 07/26/19 01:28PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: Mike Boyd Mike Boyd 07/26/19 01:42PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: noah wingren noah wingren 07/26/19 01:50PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: Mike Boyd Mike Boyd 07/26/19 02:13PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: Nick Haber Nick Haber 07/26/19 03:02PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: Mike Boyd Mike Boyd 07/26/19 03:03PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: Nick Haber Nick Haber 07/26/19 03:06PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: Sean Colvin Sean Colvin 07/26/19 12:53PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: Nick Haber Nick Haber 07/26/19 12:59PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: noah wingren noah wingren 07/26/19 01:32PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: noah wingren noah wingren 07/26/19 03:15PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: noah wingren noah wingren 07/26/19 11:30PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account