Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch Maxi

Nick Haber /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

> noah wingren Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> if more info is needed, here it is:

>

> I've been told this bike is pretty heavily modified, the guys at two

> stroke described it as 'the fastest bike in the tri-state area' before i

> brought it to baltimore. that's the extent of my knowledge about the

> modifications.

>

> ran fine in new york. transported to baltimore in the back of a sedan.

> put gas and oil back in it and ignorantly tried to start it without

> pulling the lever. i noticed the carb was leaking gas/oil out of the

> vents in picture one. when i tried to start it properly, it would make

> a sort of muffled sound and not start. i spilled the excess from the

> vent and left the bike to dry out a bit. after a few hours of that, it

> would start and move well but then sputter out and stop after about 20

> seconds. this is still the case on the next day. my first instinct is

> that i need to clean out the carb after doing whatever i did to make it

> overflow and leak, but if anyone has any input on other potential fixes

> please let me know. i need the bike running by the 9th of august as i

> bought it to commute to work from the apartment i'm moving to.

>

> **sorry if double posting like this is disallowed, i tried to edit the

> OP but was unable to

Where in Baltimore are you? That's a Dellorto PHBG carb, super easy to clean. You didn't mess it up or do anything wrong, when you say you tried to start it without the lever I assume you mean you were trying to start it without the clutch which has absolutely no bearing on fuel going to the carb.

I'm moving back to Columbus next Thursday but until then I'm living in Baltimore and would be more than happy to meet up with you this weekend, I could show you how to clean the carb and answer any questions you might have about your bike. PM me and I'll give you my number(edited)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiTopic by: noah wingren noah wingren 07/24/19 03:44PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: noah wingren noah wingren 07/24/19 03:57PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: Nick Haber Nick Haber 07/24/19 04:06PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: Sir Clip Sir Clip 07/24/19 04:16PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: noah wingren noah wingren 07/24/19 04:51PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: noah wingren noah wingren 07/25/19 09:42PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: * * * * 07/26/19 12:07AM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: noah wingren noah wingren 07/26/19 08:14AM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: Sean Colvin Sean Colvin 07/26/19 12:56PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: noah wingren noah wingren 07/26/19 01:28PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: Mike Boyd Mike Boyd 07/26/19 01:42PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: noah wingren noah wingren 07/26/19 01:50PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: Mike Boyd Mike Boyd 07/26/19 02:13PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: Nick Haber Nick Haber 07/26/19 03:02PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: Mike Boyd Mike Boyd 07/26/19 03:03PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: Nick Haber Nick Haber 07/26/19 03:06PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: Sean Colvin Sean Colvin 07/26/19 12:53PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: Nick Haber Nick Haber 07/26/19 12:59PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: noah wingren noah wingren 07/26/19 01:32PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: noah wingren noah wingren 07/26/19 03:15PM
  Re: Need guidance on identifying and cleaning carburetor - modified '84 Puch MaxiRe: noah wingren noah wingren 07/26/19 11:30PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account