1980 Express NC50 cleaned carb and now throttle cable does not work

I would appreciate your thoughts and help. I took apart and cleaned all of the parts on the carb of my express and then put everything back together, it starts great. However when I reconnected the throttle cable I do not have any tension and it seems like the engine is on full throttle. When I remove the throttle cable and hold it in my hand I am able to move the throttle pin in and out with the throttle handle as it should however once I screw it back into the carb the throttle no longer contracts and expands and there is no throttle pressure on the handle.

I would really appreciate your help.

Rylan

Re: 1980 Express NC50 cleaned carb and now throttle cable does not work

Is the throttle slide 180° off?

> Mike Kirn Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Is the throttle slide 180° off?

Yeah this is what's happening. There's a little nub inside the carburetor where the throttle slide goes. If you take the throttle cable/slide assembly out of the carb you'll see a slit on the cylindrical slide that the cable rests in that goes the whole way up the slide. That slit has to line up with the nub that's high up in the carb or else the slide/cable will never go down all the way.

Thank you Mike and Nick, I really appreciate your help. That was the problem and we are all fixed now :)

> Rylan Hahn Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thank you Mike and Nick, I really appreciate your help. That was the

> problem and we are all fixed now :)

Glad to hear it!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account