carburetor problems

Hey and thanks. Just bought a carb to replace the one I can't seem to get clean enough to work, and of course, to big for intake. I have a 1977 Bianchi Bianchimatic with a Dellorto 14 12 carb. It has a shim in it already but it's to loose to fit the intake. Does anyone have any idea what size I would need? Including whether to take out the existing shim or just add to it? Also noticed my petcock is a little loose and slightly leaking when mess around with. Clueless and stranded. He, he, he

Re: carburetor problems

Thanks for the info. I was aware of treatland - but I am still stumped on which one. They have several sizes. If i buy the stock one will i have to take the shim that came with the new carb out before putting it in? And if so, could i use the shim that came in the older carb I'm replacing? Stupid is as stupid does. Sometimes I'm doing...thanks

go to homedepot or lowes and buy a micrometer. Its the only way anyones going to know the inside diameter of your carburetor. Most likely the id of your carb is 21 mm. the outer diameter of your intake is atleast 16 mm. If you don't wanna buy a micrometer then bring your intake and carb inside the store.

Thanks for the info. I'm guessing that mine intake is stock and they have one at Treatland that's 20 -OD 161/2- ID. I'm hoping this will be the right one.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> roy cordero Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks for the info. I'm guessing that mine intake is stock and they

> have one at Treatland that's 20 -OD 161/2- ID. I'm hoping this will be

> the right one.

If you just measure than you don't have to hope, you will know.

True! I need a micrometer as Kenny s suggested. (but so expensive for my purpose.) I tried measuring with a ruler and then convert to millimeters but not positive i got it right. The new carburetor I purchased is 3/4 of an inch wide O.D. That came to 20mm from an online calculator. However, another website said that every centimeter on the ruler =10mm. That would make it 30mm. But that seemed really wrong . Confusing.

3 & 1/2 bucks is too expensive ?

Micxrometer

You better sell the bike before you go broke .

My micrometer is my second-most used tool in my garage. The first is a 10mm socket. I literally use it daily.

You need one.

I only saw very expensive ones. Over 100 dollars. I'll have to look into it. Thanks again for your help.

This is getting so frustrating. According to measurements I need a 20mm outer dimension with a 12.7 inner dimension? How can that be? And I cant find a shim that size anywhere. Lost...

I must have bought the wrong carburetor. Why is the old carb so different form the new ones. The intake is smaller and so is the carburetor's. I took out the old shim to use on the new one but it's too small on the outside . Maybe I should have bought a smaller carburetor? Or maybe I should buy a new intake valve. I don't know. Cannot find a 12.7 mm shim with 20mm outer dimension? I do I have to make-shift something and I really am a novice here. I feel so stupid sometimes when it comes to these things, thanks

Since you're a frustrated novice, my recommendation would be to buy an intake and carb that match each other and your engine. I'm not too familiar with Bianchi bikes but I'm pretty sure they have Morini motors on them?

Figure out which motor you have: https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Morini_Moped_Engines

If this fits, just buy an intake for 15 SHA and a 15.15 SHA carb and you won't have fitment issues and you'll have upgraded: https://www.treatland.tv/MLM-morini-M1-15mm-SHA-intake-p/mlm-m1-intake-539.htm

My two cents

Yes. An intake and carburetor that matches each other would be a blessing! Morini Mo1. So it's possible for me to change the intake and carburetor out for a larger version? Keeping everything else the same or would that require other adjustments to the motor? Wish they just made shims to fit. Cannot find anything close to 12.7mm. Smallest is 16mm. Plus it would have to be 20mm od. Nuts. thank you for your advice it helped.

According to the measurements you gave , you can make a piece of 1/2" pvc work .

The seal is an O ring that the intake 'manifold' presses against , correct ?

Are you sure about the measurements you listed ? That would make the intake ID something like 8 or so mm , which doesn't seem right .

But , I have no experience with what you have .

Neither do I. lol. It seems like I have to be wrong because nothing close is available and the bike can't be from mars. The shim fits into the carburetor and then put over(on) the intake - then tightened in order to have a proper seal. I ordered two slightly different ones to just get an idea of how for off I am. All in fun i guess. Thanks for you input.

No matter which new carburetor or carburetor/intake combo you replace it with you will need to tune the main jet for your setup

Thanks Mike. Tuning my main jet? I'm going to have to learn more and more it seems. Lol. I'll look that up. Still trying to get the new Carburetor to fit. Maybe I can take the old shim- that fits on my intake now- then put it in the new Carburetor and try and fit it too that by adding makeshift shims? Hate the idea of it being thrown together though. Thanks everyone

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account