help with reinstalling brake pads...

c p /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I think this is a very simple job (And I've swapped pads before on motorcycles (infrequently; I'm definitely no expert), but this particular caliper is a little different form what I'm used to—mostly because of the spring clips.) I'm just really not sure of the best way to go about it.

Basically, it's an Onyx (has a hydraulic CB110-style moto brake, I believe), and I took the front wheel off to transport it. When I did that, the front brake pads closed, and when I moved them back apart to put the wheel on again, the clips were kind of loose and the pads came out. I just need some help guidance on putting them back in, how these spring clips work, etc.

If anyone has experience or can point me to a resource (ideally a video tutorial or written instructions), I'll be forever grateful. There are lots of videos, but the ones I've found are mostly like Brembos that have a cotter pin or a bolt that holds the pads in, so they're not helping me with understanding these retention clips on mine.

IMG_1758.JPG
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account