Re: 1980 Peugeot 103SP 5 coil stator running lights at 13-20 volts!

jumpsuit steve /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

the wiring diagram for your bike is not represented in the wiki, but i believe it is this one:

IMG_6440.jpg

it seems like there was a transition from the 2-coil stator with one, dual-filament rear bulb, then to the 5-coil with the same rear bulb but no transformer, then ultimately to the 5-coil, separate tail/brake bulbs and transformer setup shown here:

so it looks like you might have the in-between setup - do you have a dual filament bulb back there, or two bulbs?

the only SP i worked on had a 5-coil, but did have two (i believe) "reactance" coils under the rack like this:

what kind of wire colors do you have- do you have the 3 conductor plug with grey/black/white coming off the stator, or bullet terminals? and at the taillight?

peugeot explicitly lists "add a voltage regulator" for blowing lights, so who knows.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account