Re: 1980 Peugeot 103SP 5 coil stator running lights at 13-20 volts!

Vermont Pete /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

That's very interesting! I actually ordered the voltage regulator - but it will take a while to arrive. This weekend I put new bulbs in - even went up to 12v and no joy, the system is putting out way too many volts. At idle, the lights are at 6v, but by 3/4 throttle, it's up to 16v - under a full 12v headlight and taillight load! (And it doesn't have any problem powering them, either!)

The reactance coil is something I'll look into. You mention "under the luggage rack". I'll check to see if I find anything in that area - but I don't have a luggage rack. Mine has the long (two person) seat and there's nothing under it, nor under the rear fender. I can follow the headlight/running lights wire directly to the rear bulb as well as to the front bulb and there's no extra hardware in there. (But, I'll double check.)

Thanks, Jumpsuit!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account