A55 first gear slip

I'm new to the moped game

Its a 2013 tomos a55

The issue that I'm having is that sometimes it will act like it goes into neutral and it will free spin without moving and I will have to wait for the rpms to lower and you can feel it click back in and the moped will drive fine dosent happen it seconed just first. will happen everytime if I'm in first and I get into the power band let off for a second and blip the throttle as if I'm doing a wheelie and Instantly it will go into "neutral ". I've replaced the clutches

Re: A55 first gear slip

jason brack /

Clip was still good when I inspected

Cleats Onionpockets /

What gearbox oil are you running? Some of the thicker stuff will slip rather than grip.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Hmm.....improperly torqued clutch nut/stripped splines?

> Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Hmm.....improperly torqued clutch nut/stripped splines?

I'm thinking gear cluster with the sprag on it.

Is there fluid in the wet clutch...any fluid ???? And have u inspected the two clutches??? So u might need to take cover off and get in there. If u do that u need to.make sure the pedal.shaft has no exterior corrosion that could injure it's seal that pressed into the cover .....if it was hastily assembled at factory and the elements are at work there u need to carefully polish that shaft with up to 600 grit I would say. The thing with a tomos is all that stuff under the cover needs to all be Perfecto. Perfecto fabulous bike ....nonperfecto...heeeelp

jason brack /

Pretty sure it is the shaft with the gear cluster that cross over to the drive sproket is stripped out

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

We can sit here speculating, but the only way to know for sure is to take it apart again....

Yup or just ride it untill it disintegrates and whatever bomb in there explodes or not

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account