tomos stator rewinding dc power

so before I buy a powerdynamo I am going to try to rewind the original stator with whatever they have at the local store. I need dc........I have a trail tech rectifier and floated the ground and it was working a little but I wasn't really getting a dc reading and it didn't charge my batteries. I am just going to try and get it going again with more magnet wire before I try dc stuff. I will use my own bridge rectifiers next time I guess. I hope whatever is at the store works.

stator.jpg

Re: tomos stator rewinding dc power

It can be done .

I rewound lighting coils , using the original wire and a bit of spray paint for insulation . They work nicely , now . ;)

Nothing at any of the stores. Guess I got to get it online. the original wires are fubar. might try to find some different sizes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/321169834354

got this wire I hope it is right 18 awg

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?7,3651818

like that guy says.

Calledelsewhere.jpg

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I think it actually puts out 3 volts ac but once it gets to the rectifier regulator it turns into 12-volt DC do a little research I'm not sure

Not a chance, there is voltage loss through a rectifier. 18 ga is going to be super thick. I used 22ga I believe it was (years ago) and it probably should have been thinner. Voltage at idle was not stellar but wattage output at speed was good.

Not sure if this will work. I am worried more about shorts than it working better, so it's kind of sloppy. To the point where I am not sure if the coils are going the correct direction or even if that matters. Can't really expect much.

I am going to ground one but not on the stator. I am going to bring it out in case I want to mess around with the floated ground stuff again. I had to buy another soldering gun.

I don't know what you all were saying about "taps" in the other thread. I was thinking maybe I could run the lights off just 2 coils and make a third for something?

stator.jpg
stator3.jpg
stator2.jpg

That wire looks too fat. You gotta wind that shit really tight and spoil it like a fishing rod.

It’s all about many inches of wire you can spoil into one area.

If that makes 2v I will be outright shocked. Go back, and don't do it again. Just do something else. Obvious troll post here. You couldn't even look at the original coil and try to make it look like that.

How do I hook up a generic volt regulator? like this one? https://www.treatland.tv/universal-moped-voltage-regulator-p/moped-voltage-regulator.htm

stator2 - Copy.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account