If the float isn’t working properly l?

Anthony Sanchez /

Hello so I cleaned my carb and after it ran great for a little then it would bog out and not go over 5mph anymore. Could it be due to the float?

Gurtner on a Peugeot 103

Re: If the float isn’t working properly l?

> Anthony Sanchez Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Hello so I cleaned my carb and after it ran great for a little then it

> would bog out and not go over 5mph anymore. Could it be due to the

> float?

>

> Gurtner on a Peugeot 103

Could be. Could also be a dirty petcock limiting fuel flow. Or it could be the float limiting or letting too much fuel in

Anthony Sanchez /

Got it thanks! Myrons was checking out the carb and he was saying the float needle looked short haha! I’m guessing I’m getting too much fuel cause it doesn’t shut off and it’ll cruise at a very low speed but won’t pick up.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Did your jet Fallout or is your choke circuit on iel leak or the PIN

u have the 2 coil or 5 coil stator, the 2 sucks.

your jet's probably just clogged again. got a fuel filter inline? whatever clogged it the first time some more crap probably got in there. could be float but it's probably just clogged again.

also get a SHA! theyre very available since they came stock on lotsa stuff and people take em off when they upgrade. much better than gurtner, easier to get jets, etc

Gurtner carbs having the brass on brass float valves are sensitive to even the smallest spec of dirt making the carb weep or flood. SHA has nice viton tipped float needles so they are more forgiving towards smaller specs of crud in the fuel.

Sha carbs will go right on the cable without changing the molded knarp, usually even without repositioning the cable at the grip if you go for a 14:12 replacement carb for either the D10G or D12G Gurtner (or a 14:14 if you have the GA14 Gurtner stock).

If you're already in there why not test the float in a bowl to be sure it floats?

Anthony Sanchez /

It was the needle! I got it situated haha! Thanks guys!!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account