replacing puch maxi condenser

up shits creek /

never done before, also never taken off the flywheel. looking for some advice make sure i don't make more work for myself

my new condenser has screw and not solder

https://www.treatland.tv/puch-moped-condensoer-screw-top-type-p/puch-condenser-screw-top.htm

Re: replacing puch maxi condenser

You will need: wire strippers, 2x small o-ring wire terminals, wire crimpers, a flywheel puller, a 14 socket, an adjustable wrench, a very fine tipped flathead screwdriver, and one of the following: flyweel tool; strap wrench; electric impact drill; piston stop. Optional and recommended: dielectric grease

Use the tool (flyweel tool; strap wrench; electric impact drill; piston stop) to hold the flywheel and remove the flywheel nut using a number 14 socket. Use the flywheel puller to remove the flywheel.

When removing the flywheel watch out for the woodruff key slotted into the crank, it can fall out and be hard to find.

You will likely have to remove the entire stator plate to easily get the old condenser out as they are pressed in and can be pretty tight. This means you'll have to use the fine tipped flathead to loosen the terminal connections at the wiring block for all of the wires that are coming from the stator. Take pictures of the wiring beforehand to make it easier to get it right on reinstall.

You can cut and strip the 2 wires soldered onto the old condenser and then crimp the small o-ring terminals on them for the new condenser. If you know the old condenser is bad and don't plan to reuse it you can remove it by tapping it out from the back with a similarly sized socket and a hammer. A little dielectric grease will help lubricate the new condenser when pressing it into the stator plate.

Keep a clean work space and don't forget the woodruff key during reinstall. It is easiest to route the wires coming from the stator out of the engine cases first and then fit them through the rubber dust cap.

Hope that helps.

up shits creek /

when putting the two wires onto the new condenser, do they go together under the screw or do they have to be kept apart for some reason.

They both get tightened down under the nut and lock washer on the new condenser. When you look at the old condenser you will see they are soldered together there as well.

Probably Fred /

You sure the condenser is bad? the stock bosch condensers are pretty much bulletproof

If your sparkless it could be a lot of things

If you do replace your condenser get a nos one cause that one is junk is going to fail on you

up shits creek /

> Ken Roff Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You sure the condenser is bad? the stock bosch condensers are pretty

> much bulletproof

>

> If your sparkless it could be a lot of things

>

> If you do replace your condenser get a nos one cause that one is junk

> k is going to fail on you

No, i'm not sure.

i've got running issues. It starts first kick and dies after about 2-3 seconds. I can keep it alive with throttle but even then it dies eventually.

timing to the best of my guess is between 12-14 degrees. I don't have a piston stop so this is using a screwdriver to test TDC

example

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-EuaXTO-vEux5JZFbbjvfVF7B0WquX95

14mm oem bing. 64 jet, 2nd needle up, no air leak at intake or carb. metal mesh air filter inside that stock box. 2.22 atomizer. new exhaust cuz old was leaking at this one looked cool....

B7hs plug(got b6 lying around too) (edited)

Probably Fred /

> Nathan Kuebelbeck Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Ken Roff Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > You sure the condenser is bad? the stock bosch condensers are pretty

>

> > much bulletproof

>

> >

>

> > If your sparkless it could be a lot of things

>

> >

>

> > If you do replace your condenser get a nos one cause that one is junk

>

> > k is going to fail on you

>

> No, i'm not sure.

>

> i've got running issues. It starts first kick and dies after about 2-3

> seconds. I can keep it alive with throttle but even then it dies

> eventually.

>

> timing to the best of my guess is between 12-14 degrees. I don't have a

> piston stop so this is using a screwdriver to test TDC

>

> example

>

> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-EuaXTO-vEux5JZFbbjvfVF7B0WquX95

>

> 14mm oem bing. 64 jet, 2nd needle up, no air leak at intake or carb.

> metal mesh air filter inside that stock box. 2.22 atomizer. new exhaust

> cuz old was leaking at this one looked cool....

>

> B7hs plug(got b6 lying around too)

Yeah sorry you know nothing about nothing so you want to change the condenser! learn how to clean the flywheel and point cam (and lube points cam ) and points, your condenser is probably fine!

Everyybody whonruns the stock Square puch airbox is dumb as a box of rocks unless slow stock, I don’t care if you’re a moderator or not on this site much whatever, p you could shove your Internet experience up your exhaust, Such goofballs! from my 44 years of puch knowledge I can’t tell you how stupid these Internet worriers are are!

I mean the most simplest bike in the world they don’t understand it’s so simple, of all the moped bikes in the world, some of the most simple mopeds are are puch! all you need to know is point gap, Carburetion/air fuel mix, compression and exhaust, clutch tuning with corresponding low temperatures at full open throttle!

What more do you need to know!

How stupid they are or can Someone be! I mean if your bike runs like crap and overheats through range something is wrong!

I would do love

to experiment or show to prove how stupid most of these puch posters when it comes to a daily driven puch moped !

Yeah HPI ignition and super performance pipe, blah blah blah is all fine but 14,000 rpm will blow up 10 times faster compared to a bike that’s designed and tuned every day use,

These dumb stock puch/and tomos airbox lovers, I can’t believe how dumb they are!

A square stock airbox it is so restrictive/causes turbulence which is not good for 2t engines ever!

Ya and Take a run with these stock airbox and snorkels/modified or not/bullcrap and take a run with a metal mesh type filter or no filter with my 4 decades of tuning and timing and see who’s right when it comes to performance, speed and low temperatures as well as reliability without a $300 ignition, $100 intake, 100 carb and a $300 pipe! Specially when you run stock restrictive junk airbox!

Ya I know what I know from the experience of pretty much twice everybody on here’s lifespan so stock square airbox and most the tuning on puch, tomos or Italian engine/some other bikes too in wiki don’t work!

I can’t tell you how stupid these stock airbox lovin’ people think with the most simplest moped bike in the world!

Most don’t understand it’s all pretty simple, point gap with timing! carburetor/air fuel mixture, good compression, Low to mid exhaust with chamber! what more do you need to know!

Do you want to run for 20 miles before you blow up or how about 20,000 miles before you blow up ,

Spend $800 on ignition, wiring and bull crap and hi end pipe to go about as fast with stock ignition and simple pipe and then be stuck because of ignition/coil/wiring failure!

every time was I stuck with point. Ignition I was able for the most part fix right away and make it home,

Electronic or HPI though A great power maker when it goes away and your ppeddling or pushing your bike home or some is coming to pick you up!

Moped should be cheep you need to learn to keep them that way!

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Ok, who pissed in kens Cherrios again?

Ken & Don need their own TV show. (edited)

up shits creek /

Fun fact. Asked another friend how to change it. He said wire it externally. So I sent him pics of my coil to understand. Apparently my coil was wired backwards..... See pics.

Swapped it and it's running much better.

IMG_20190628_151852930.jpg
IMG_20190628_152333960.jpg

up shits creek /

What's a better air box?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account