HTF: Bent front suspension

derek cuellar /

Amazing thing happened to me today (said sarcastically). I was at a stop light today on my moped and all of a sudden a carpenter style van starts backing up. Before I knew it he was on top of my front wheel and I threw the ped to the ground as fast as I could and started banging on the car and cursing at the driver. The light then tuned green and the driver sped away (classic NYC drivers). When I picked up my ped to asses the damage I noticed the left side of my front fork is slightly bent and now my front suspension is stuck.

My question to you guys is, can I bend it back in place by disassembling it or do I need to buy a new one??

Re: HTF: Bent front suspension

u can dissassemble and bend back in a vise.picts help.

Dirty30 Dillon /

What bike is it?

You can sometimes massage it back relatively straight, but also replacing forks is easy and fairly inexpensive to not have to worry about any of the other damage involved with the mechanics of the forks themselves.

derek cuellar /

It's a general 5 star.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Should have guessed. IF you manage to straighten them they will eventually bend again. The General Forks are notorious for bending under even normal use.

I'd suggest looking into a replacement fork.

derek cuellar /

I believe this is the left fork. Can someone confirm from the picture? If so can some one sell me a new one? After disassembling it I found that it's broken in half.

IMG_20190628_164839.jpg

i must be blind, broke in half where?

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> i must be blind, broke in half where?

Exactly what I thought .

derek cuellar /

The left tube broke about three inches from the bottom.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account