Backfire on deceleration chinese moped?

Cory Willis /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hello so I have a taotao 150 powermax. It ran great tell my exhaust broke off. I drove it maybe less than 25 miles without my exhaust trying to get it home and than like two other times due to emergency situations. Than i parked it since winter came for like 8 months. So now i bought a new exhaust and got it running and replaced my spark plug, oils, and fuel filter. But now it backfires when i slow down unless i feather the gas. Ive tried adjusting valves. I was told its running lean well i pulled my plug that is new and its black so that means it's running rich right? I did a valve adjustment and that helped alot but still backfires. I have a feeling ive burnt my exhuast valve out but what is your guys opinion and what should I start with?

Also im running a "performace" CDI and coil. I was also told that it could be that too.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account