Wanting to change lights out on NU50 for LED. Possible?

I'm not an electrical genius but I would love to upgrade my Honda Urban Express lights to LED's if possible, especially the headlight as they are not a cheap replacement. Anyone done this? Guide on how to?

Re: Wanting to change lights out on NU50 for LED. Possible?

Hey,

There have been quite a few posts on this subject. You can just search for "LED" and come up with quite a few. I just went through a bunch of them myself, and decided it was more hassle than I am wanting to take on at this particular juncture. I have a 78 express, with turn signals front and rear. Be forewarned that adding an LED headlight can cause bulbs to blow out elsewhere because the extra juice goes to the other bulbs. Some people try to balance the system by combining an LED tail light with a halogen headlight. Also, your turn signal relay may not function because it needs a certain amount of current flowing thru it to generate heat that makes it function. I understand what you mean about wanting a brighter headlight though. I rarely ever ride at night, so decided it is not worth it for me.

Don’t do it!

If you want I would recommend some mr16 or some mr12. Very bright shit

Captain Janeway /

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Don’t do it!

>

> If you want I would recommend some mr16 or some mr12. Very bright shit

what type? I was only finding round ones

I've been doing sealed beam headlight conversion and sticking in this one. much cheaper than that $45 new one

https://www.treatland.tv/halonix-halogen-headlight-bulb-p/halonix-12v-35-fslash-35w.htm

https://mopedarmy.com/wiki/Sealed_Beam_Conversion (edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> Don’t do it!

>

> If you want I would recommend some mr16 or some mr12. Very bright shit

What are you talking about.

MR16 and MR12 are installation fixture bulbs, not fucking automotive. They are not vibration absorbing and they were designed to push all heat out the back of the bulb, so when you put them in a headlight housing they will cause huge heat problems. Also, they are meant to be run at 120 VAC/60hZ, not whackass moped voltage.

This is the equivalent of putting a household switch on the bars for a killswitch.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> This is the equivalent of putting a household switch on the bars for a

> killswitch.

That's^ likely been done , too . LOL

> P D Wrote:

> > Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > This is the equivalent of putting a household switch on the bars for a

>

> > killswitch.

>

> That's^ likely been done , too . LOL

Why does a light switch from Lowe’s sound like so much fun or maybe an ac outlet and I could unplug the extension cord to kill the engine.

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> Why does a light switch from Lowe’s sound like so much fun or maybe an

> ac outlet and I could unplug the extension cord to kill the engine.

The possibilities are limited only by ones imagination . ;)

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

“Quick Disconnect” for the kicker box in the trunk of my Chevy Metro. Three terminals are ground, 2 terminals carry the power, and 1 terminal is the remote power.

502A1FF6-0948-4F4B-BD01-F1E6A67CABA4.jpeg
03163C59-45CB-4A9C-B125-99CBE160F6BA.jpeg

Blew some fuses and popped the cap off of them and soldered wire to the terminals. They plug in to the factory harness speaker connectors very nicely. Polarity coded with a Sharpie, of course.

I can remove the kicker in less than 10 seconds when i need to haul big stuff in my little car.

61BC0F79-EAAE-4C6D-8771-DEC026B3A0DB.jpeg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account