Re: Tomos A55 clutch

♣Slew Foot♣ /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

If the pad still have meat on them you can mix up 4 parts to 1 Marvel Mystery Oil and Castrol synthetic ATF fat is the formula for Blaster oil if you have a slight seal leak it will swell the seals and if your pads are glazed they will unglazed them and it will swell the cork or rubber and buy you a little ride time so you can get replacement parts when you re shoe it pay attention to which way the clutch will rotate you want to move the pins to the other side of the shoe and it will engage way quicker and it will outperform the factory set up after I finally bought the Tomos tool that resets the clutch I seen it only will work that way.

I always wondered when I pulled apart Tomas clutches why some open towards rotation and others open away it turns out that Tomas factory setting for the clutch was purposely put backwards at the factory so that when you needed your clutch redone if you did it yourself you did it just like it came from the factory and it would give you some more performance to a factory setup but if you brought it to an authorized Tomos dealer they would use this tool and it would reset the clutch with the pins reversed and it would outperform the factory set up

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account