sachs 505 leaking badly

I changed the transmission fluid on my sachs 505 using the screw on the side of the engine and now its leaking badly especially as I'm riding to the point I leave a trail and big spots of oil in the road. and there's a leak coming out on top of the head now too. wtf is going on? please help

20190620_104207.jpg
20190620_104216.jpg
20190620_104221.jpg

Re: sachs 505 leaking badly

decomp leaking? yank it, plug it

Did you over fill it? With the bike standing upright and with both the side plug and the top fill plug out, you put fluid in the top till it begins to run out the side.

dang, theres tranny oil coming out your decomp.

Seems like you put wayyyy too much tranny oil in it. Did you fill to the top screw? Unscrew the side screw and let it all pour out until there's just a tiny bit flowing from the side hole.

I just ordered a rebuild seal/gasket set that's got all the seals for the engine. I dropped the motor which took hell and cleaned it. every part I took apart the seals where deteriorated and I'm gonna replace when the pack comes. damn I know thos shot is almost 50 years old but damn nobody took care of it? what oil do I put in the transmission o already tried 10w30 hight performance motor oil and atf dex/merc. that's when the leaks started. what do I use this thing was good before I started changing fluid and cleaning it up. thank bros and hoes

I filled it to the scre and then let some out by leaning it sideways. I think the oil is to thin the oil that was originally in there before I drained it was nasty sludgy and brown. shot look old as hell. now it sounds good before i took the whole motor apart and ordered new seals and waiting on em so I can put it back together

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account