chain and fuel mix smoke issue

okay well i was riding and i had rope tied to the back of my moped and the it got wrapped in the axel and eventually i realized when the chain popped off. i got the rope off and got the chain on and started it then on way hope the master link snapped off and now im waiting on a pack pf new ones that should be here tomorrow. do i need a whole new chain or just the master link?

now when i bought the moped the seller told me he was using 30:1 or 32:1 or something but my engine says to use 50:1 with caution. i mixed up and fueled up and now its smoking badly. it still has power its just smoking crazy when i throttle.

what do i do? i dobt wanna break my moped up.

Re: chain and fuel mix smoke issue

here it is

15607190803115969446373553242233.jpg

32:1 is only 4 ounces of oil per gallon of gas. Three and a half ounces is fine too. What oil are you mixing in? Takes good 2-stroke oil like synthetic or synthetic blend.

When you get the master link, just remember the lock clip goes on with closed end facing direction of chain travel.

Of it's smoking more you messed up the ratio ..50/1 is alot less oil than 30/1...

I run 50/1 in everthang

If it smokes too much go to a lighter oil ratio, I use 32:1 in everything, but have run 50:1 at times. What is odd to me is I get next to no smoke with 32:1? What kind of oil are you using? Might not hurt to check your plug after this tank.

I put the master link on and rode for a while without any problems. and smoke issue resolved some after riding for a while. now how do I get more acceleration from stop? do I tweak something or is it stuck that way? I'm kinda new to mopeds so I dont know if it should be faster than it is. thanks guys.

« Go to Topic — end of thread