First Vintage Moped 1975 Motobecane

Hi everyone, new member here and I just purchased my first vintage moped- a yellow 1975 Motobecane. I bought it in good but non- running condition for $100. I know engines fairly well but have never messed with one of these before. The engine turns over with compression but has been sitting for a years. Carb cover/ air cleaner is missing and it has the original carb, I think it would be best to replace with an aftermarket carb. It will need new grips, breaks gone through, and new belt.Also it fell over in transport and bent the right pedal. The serial number under the seat post is 05355416. Are these parts available? Where should I start to get this running and what model Motobecane is this?

7FFD7FE0-28F1-4BFB-BDAA-6BADFCF41846.jpeg
F7586700-E553-4FAE-AAD1-10BF2C29C08E.jpeg

Re: First Vintage Moped 1975 Motobecane

Ditch the gurtner carb. Get a dellorto 15/15 and shorty intake from treats. Feel like my jetting was around 69..sealevel

Keep the exhaust nut tight, once they start to loosen, engine vibration wallers out the threads...then u gotta replace the whole jug...

u made it, a good place to start is the top post, go thru that and post what u did n didn't do etc. tyeres also a search function. i kinda like the gurtner carb, do u have the filter n box if so id keep it, otherwise a dellorto. post in buy/sell for parts.

I am missing the stock air box unfortunately, but is this the correct kit to buy for my Motobécane? https://www.treatland.tv/motobecane-AV7-SHA-carburetor-DELUXE-party-p/mbk-av7-sha-party-supreme.htm(edited)

Also what is the correct fuel petcock for this bike? The PO said it leaked before, and there’s definitely evidence of that on the frame.

> Jordan Kemp Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I am missing the stock air box unfortunately, but is this the correct

> kit to buy for my Motobécane?

> https://www.treatland.tv/motobecane-AV7-SHA-carburetor-DELUXE-party-p/mbk-av7-sha-party-supreme.htm

Yes that's the correct carb kit. If you're not going to keep the stock carb and Pat doesn't want it I want it.

kevin smellaflange /

Dave Fixes His Shit...on youtube...is dealing w/your year & make

I ordered the new Delloroto cab, grips, and petcock from treats today. Also bought a jet kit in the 60s range, hopefully one of those will work. Im right at sea level and have hardly any experience in tuning carbs. I did a compression check today, right around 100psi which seems a little low but it has been sitting.

« Go to Topic — end of thread