Cimatti City Bike won't start

It used to though before i opened up the headlight to look at the wiring

It sounds like it wants to start when I engage the throttle and start pedaling, but as soon as i release either the throttle or the clutch it sputters out. pedaled the thing down a whole block and it wouldn't start at all. any idea what happened?

Re: Cimatti City Bike won't start

rear brake bulb out, or u flipped the shoooosh... secret switch underneath headlight.

Always suspect the last thing you did before ...

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> rear brake bulb out, or u flipped the shoooosh... secret switch

> underneath headlight.

it didnt have a rear brake light to begin with and it started up and ran then

i did flip the shoooosh, but it never worked in the first place so i dont think that's the issue

Sounds like you messed the shoosh up.LOL! Only thing you did was mess with the headlight,right?

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Sounds like you messed the shoosh up.LOL! Only thing you did was mess

> with the headlight,right?

yeah, but upon further inspection i discovered that my air filter housing had gas in it, which seems like something that isn't supposed to happen

Probably spit it back out when you were pedaling it and choking it?

go back in the light and trace down every wire, something prob got disconnected.

Normally one would state if bike-shooosh- is stock or modified. If Modified gotta list whats been tinkered with it'd make life easier...

u can drill a hole in the box, or fix your float, needle, seat,or gunk in fuel line,

Wire it back properly and it will run fine. You're not getting spark because the taillight and headlight wiring has been messed up . Put it back the way it goes, and you'll be surprised at how well it runs.

Or ignore everyone here telling you it's your taillight wiring and keep chasing a fuel problem that isn't there. Your carb is flooding because the fuel isn't burning. Because no taillight no spark. Unless your secret switch is working properly, but yours isn't. Because it's on the bottom of the headlight and you messed with the wires inside. Fix your wiring properly.

Robert Linhares /

This website: "Myron's Mopeds" has the electric circuit of the Cimatti City Bike.

Lots of details that might help you.

What is meant by "the swooosh"?

« Go to Topic — end of thread