WTF: a welder in NYC

derek cuellar /

Hey,

Can anyone help me find a good welder In NYC? I need to weld my exhaust pipe back together (pictures attached)

IMG_20190611_161759.jpg
IMG_20190611_161729.jpg

Re: WTF: a welder in NYC

Chris Carleton /

Mapp torch and braze rods Homedepot about 40$

Lol get a new stock pipe.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

I can try and weld that for you if you want. What is it? Stock puch pipe? I have a few of those too

Dirty30 Dillon /

Chances are highly unlikely you'll get a clean weld on that oily, carbonized 40 year-old pipe.

Let us know what it's for, I may have a non-broken one kicking around, or I could try welding it for you

OG Crazy Wayne /

You need to thoroughly clean all the carbon and crap off of there and don't weld it with a 100% CO gas if you're using a MIG welder.

Personally I would braise it due to the fact that it's going to break again right next to the new weld. it will be something you will be rewilding due to all the carbon mixing with the steel.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Unless you have a rare exhaust, I wouldn't spend more than $10 fixing a stock pipe.

derek cuellar /

Thanks for the help. I ended up getting a new stock pipe from second stroke. It's about 3 in. longer than the previous one and it makes the bike run a lot louder (obnoxiously). Could this be because of a faulty gasket? (Picture of gasket attached)

15604601602751068615506084653583.jpg
15604601754185013529237512226048.jpg

Dirty30 Dillon /

That gasket is completely fucked. They really should have mentioned you would need another gasket.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Let me know what bike it is and we probably have on in the shop

2nd stroke blowing it!

derek cuellar /

Mr. Dirty Dillon, Its a minarelli v1 General 5 star. I'm prob gunna ride to 2nd stroke tomorrow afternoon to see if they have it.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

I'm home from work today, if you wanted to come by i can try welding it up for you for shits n giggles, im down in sheepshead bay brooklyn.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account