78 Morini M1 knock/oil overfill

I have a 1978 Intramotor Verona Gloria, I'm pretty sure it has the Morin m1 engine now. Long story short I overfilled the oil and don't know where to start. It didn't run for long I shut it down as soon as I noticed but now it has a low knock coming from the engine and a high wine at high speed. Where to start the rebuild? And is there any bigger motors that would fit the mounts? Looking for cost effective route but still want to gain some power.

20190603_024421.jpg

Re: 78 Morini M1 knock/oil overfill

Dirty30 Dillon /

Chances are, you have an M01 motor, not the M1.

A picture of the intake would solve this question.

As for the knock, overfilling the oil in the transmission will not cause that. It's a 2t, so the oil in the trans is separate from the crankcase.

Start with yer chain......looks way too loose,even unloaded. Might be slapping. (edited)

Will try tightening chain when I get home, and I can't find tran fluid only see the oil fill cap. I overfilled the crankcase oil by 6-8 ounces. Shut it down as soon as I noticed probably drove it 1-2miles. It doesn't have a terrible knock but its got worse, and st high speeds getting insane amount of vibration

That takes 20 or 30 Weight non-detergent oil. About 12 oz., I think. Check your rear wheel for side play or play in the wheel bearings. Check your rear sprocket for tightness. They can come loose.

Thank you the chain is def too loose , it tugs foward on the chain everytime it makes the low knocking sound I'll take a video in the morning

Thought I posted this link for you,but I guess I didn't.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tyOXnN_A4AEEXImWivpn0WRN-9dqgY1q

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account