Pulser Coil QT50

Anybody know the resistance value for the CDI Pulser Coil? Mine reads about 25 ohms. Thanks in advance.

Re: Pulser Coil QT50

20 ohm +or- 10%

Thanks, It's on to further diagnostics then for weak/intermittent no spark. charge coil reads 300 ohms ( ok) . New ign coil and CDI unit from my other QT, . Next step is pull magneto and clean magnets and coil tips. I see some rust in there.

Check spark plug boot

Used the OEM coil with boot off my running QT, no difference. Gotta get that magneto cleaned up, also made sure my main ground on the frame was clean. I read here recently something funny but true- "make sure your grounds are grounded to good grounds!" How true.

Yes very true about good grounds. I learned that yesterday when setting up headlight. It was not working as was the motor, Mine is a 79 and thankfully I learned on here about the faulty charge coil. I had installed new top end and new carb and was losing hope. The bike cane with a spare engine that was seized but tested the charge coil and it was good! My puller came in the mail today and wallah!! She purrs!! Back to headlight ,I also learned on here about drilling out the bad bulb and installing a different one. I had an old ct90 bulb laying around and with some old wire and a cheap soldering gun I made it work!

B59397C8-197A-4D6D-BCA7-91BE429B6DCC.jpeg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account