Will a minerelli V1 speedo cable fit my general 5 star moped?

Sarah Detweiler /

I have a 1980 general 5 star with a broken speedo cable. I found one on 1977 mopeds but don’t wanna use their site.

Treatland had a minerelli v1 cable 625mm long. Will this fit my bike? Pic attached

BDC942BF-ACFC-46E5-8187-A3EE72A6314B.png

Re: Will a minerelli V1 speedo cable fit my general 5 star moped?

Email me at Blake@doscycles.com. I have the original cables and I ship same or next business day.

Is that a TATUNG speedometer, Sarah?

I too would like a speedo cable for a minarelli v1 powered bike. It's a 1978 Gadabout Holiday Rambler. I previously bought the cable above and one side of the threads didn't fit. Anybody know what a good solution is or know of a nos part? It's the CEV type.

You would really need to measure the thread sizes at both ends of your speedometer and at the "transmission" gear plus determine the appropriate length. There's also the size of the square ends of the metal inner cable itself, which you might be able to make smaller by carefully filing or grinding. Some Generals were minarelli bikes, so it's definitely possible that one would fit. (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account