Puch e50 not hitting power band

Replaced reed kit and piston because the wrist pin clip came out and destroyed the cylinder. The only difference is I had a single ring Teflon piston and changed it to a 2 ring that came with the treats reed kit. Tried different jets and all needle settings on my mikuni 20 round slide but won’t hit power band or high rpms. I remember I had to upjet when I put the single ring piston in because the higher rpms so I took that into account when using 2 rings. I’ve tried timing,point gap,clutch setting so if anyone has any advice It would be much appreciated . Thanks

Re: Puch e50 not hitting power band

Ľ̷̝̽͒i̶̛̼͑͠ȁ̸̧̛̽m̵̻̟̯̀̅ ̷͎̙̽̊F̶̲̺͑̓ F /

Stupid answer but just try the simple stuff maybe. My bike was making almost no power because I had a clogged fuel line

retorque your head nuts when cold.

Check for leaks, set your points gap, jetting should be around 135-170 depending on the air filter, elevation or lack there of either.

OG Crazy Wayne /

Did you clean out the exhaust system?

If you didn't chances are bits and pieces got sucked back in.

Chances are Deport timings aren't the same on the new kit you need to measure things up and see.

Usually you need to raise the exhaust 1 to 1.5 millimeter/s in order to get enough heat to feed the pipe.

Most kits out of the box have ports setup/ timed to run an expansion chamber.

if you know how post your Port timings

I checked for air leaks with carb spray and with a compression tester. 150 psi. Point gap is.016 and the kit is the same. The only difference is I got it from 77 mopeds instead of treatland. I had to rebuild the bottom end because metal fragments went into the casing. The main jet is 160 right now

OG Crazy Wayne /

Oops I did a typo anyway most kits out of the box or not tuned or ported for working with an expansion chamber.

sometimes the piston gets intalled upside down ):

OG Crazy Wayne /

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> sometimes the piston gets intalled upside down ):

Don't think I've ever seen one installed upside down I seen a lot of them turned and clocked a 180 degrees.

More than likely it's a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone it was picked up cheap by a vendor and passed on to you don't you feel special now.

:-* (edited)

I had a kstar 70cc treats reed kit especial that got shredded. I replaced it with parlini kit from 77 mopeds because treatland was out of stock. Are they the same? I’ve read conflicting things on mopedarmy threads . Maybe the ports aren’t lining up

OG Crazy Wayne /

Sorry but I don't shop at businesses that have a triple F rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Good luck! snicker' snicker'

That’s the 1st time I ordered from 77 mopeds.it took a month to get it shipped to me . But is it the same. Just repackaged or different?

OG Crazy Wayne /

I’m only asking because one of the threads said that and they look exactly the same. I threw out the treats one so don’t have to compare . It worked great for like a year before the wrist pin clip came out

OG Crazy Wayne /

Thanks for that, very helpful

I hate when that happens.

If you go down to the dollar store you can buy a bag for like a dollar

Im 99% sure that treats is fulfilling a lot of 1977's web shop. 150 is a bit low for a fresh kit, maybe you messed up the Rings on install or didnt gap them and they broke a tang off on start up. I would bank on the deck height needing correcting or a counter sunk head to get the squish into acceptable territory. I remember I had one of those bridge exhaust ajh, with the jug spaced so the ex. Would open all the way, the deck height was like 4mm with the piston they sent it with. No way was it ever going to run properly.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account