1978 pa50 i cdi conversion? Or new ignition coil.

I have 1978 pa50 i and i was riding the other day and shut the bike off then returnes to restart and i had lost spark i have power to my igniton coil i also tried putting a new condensor on it wich resolved nothing. I cannot find a direct fit coil for it i was wondering if anyone knew of a place i might find one. If not is it possible to to convert it to pa50 ii style ignition? Help is greatly appreciated .

Re: 1978 pa50 i cdi conversion? Or new ignition coil.

But did you ever file the points with a point file? I lose spark on my hobbit every now and again, I file the points, shit runs great again. Especially if you leave your bike outside (even covered outside), file the points. It's free (aside from the cost of a points file) and takes almost more time. File until you get spark cause I can almost guarantee you'll get spark

Andew Pullen /

I had already filed my points a few days befoew and it ran great but this is not a points issue i believe i did try re cleaning them though an dno success.

It could be your kill switch has failed. Very uncommon on Honda but possible,

Delete the blk/wht wire from the rubber covered bundle under the left step cover.

If not I have some honda stators

Use your multimeter and take resistance readings of your coil. Report them back here.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account