Puch Newport brown seat upholster help

I’m looking to repair my Brown original seat from my 78 Puch Newport. No idea where to find similar material and color. Vinyl or leather? Has anyone done this? Looking for advice on what and where to buy material thanks

883F4F48-E226-41A5-B640-32B64F6121EB.jpeg
1934B8A0-AF4E-4C66-A395-C8F2FBDD6103.jpeg

Re: Puch Newport brown seat upholster help

Find a local shoe repair shop..no joke dude, they will recover saddle seats cheaper and better than an upholstery shop...

Great info! Thanks.

Overpriced Parts /

Thanks Aaron, great idea!

Local cobbler said he was swamped. Local upholstery shop said she was busy and that it would be 150 for labor plus material. I think see if I can figure out a sewing machine lol

If you get the one from Treats it probably has a lip that folds over bottom of seat frame and you just staple it to the frame. I've done all 3 of my QT50s this way. Just need a tough stapler and probably 1/8" deep staples. Warm up the cover in the sunlight, stretch it over the frame and start stapling from the front working your way down each side evenly and around the back. Don't pay somebody else to do it.

Or if it has "hog rings" just bend them to get the cover off and re-use them on the new cover..

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account