Loss of power

up shits creek /

1980 puch maxi. 5k miles.

Starts/idles and runs fine from a cold start. After about a mile of ripping i lose power. it still idles but i lose almost all acceleration, it bogs if I throttle too much. I know I've got a small air leak in the top of the bing(gasket on the way). After I nurse it back to the garage and shut it down with the kill switch, it doesn't want to start again. When I pull the plug after a bunch of kick it's barely wet. If I put some fuel into the cylinder it will fire. I've pulled the carb apart a couple time and it's clean. I recently down jetted to 61 after I was getting 4 stroking with 65. So to me it's some sort of intermittent fuel issue but I don't know how to isolate that. Maybe a bottle and bypass the tank? Any help troubleshooting this is appreciated

current setup

14mm bing

61 jet

212a atomizer

stock metal mesh airbox

circuit pipe

stock 50cc

needle at 2nd from bottom (edited)

Re: Loss of power

Overpriced Parts /

Sounds like a blocked fuel filter screen in your banjo fitting of your carburetor

or petcock filter is blocked, get paper or stone inline fuel filter, get rid of that filter in the carburetor make sure your fuel petcock is clean, fuel flows good

up shits creek /

Thanks ken. I'll rip tonight and check fuel flow from pet after it starts bogging. any idea why it happens after riding a bit?

look up condenser. maybe your crank seals leaking, leaning out your mix.

up shits creek /

> Ken Roff Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Sounds like a blocked fuel filter screen in your banjo fitting of your

> carburetor

>

> or petcock filter is blocked, get paper or stone inline fuel filter,

> get rid of that filter in the carburetor make sure your fuel petcock is

> clean, fuel flows good

verified i was getting fuel out of the pet,after fuel filter and bowl was full of fuel

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account