Motobecane Front / Rear Wheels Don't Spin When Fork Nuts Tightened Down

HI Guys,

I already know I'm a twat. I removed front/rear Motobecane wheels to replace inner tubes + tires. I did not keep meticulous track of how the nuts and spacers were arranged on either axle, I may have lost something somewhere as well. Now when I go to put the wheels on and tighten down the two nuts on the end, the wheels don't spin freely if the nuts are tightened anything past finger tight. It feels like something is definitely missing. I did find this diagram: http://www.mopedjunkyard.com/Motobecane-Rear-Hub-Ref-Diagram-MB11b_c_659.html

but I cannot make it out well. Does anyone have some kind of guide, pictures, or instructions on what exactly is needed to space the wheel and where those pieces need to go? Also, it bears mentioning that I did not dick around with any of the actual wheel bearings, those things are silky smooth. Thank you guys!

Re: Motobecane Front / Rear Wheels Don't Spin When Fork Nuts Tightened Down

I can't help you fir shut, but I had to laugh at the 'twat' part. I thought only us Brits used that term.

theres always a double nut on the inside keep the spacing right on the bearings. just like a bike. youll need a bike flat wrench to hold the nut/race side u twat.

I think I learned it from Top Gear.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account