2018 tomos "complicated horn" help to wire on 2002 tomos lx

Anthony Vargas /

lol so this horn is infact hard to wire , I can't seems to figure it out lol has anyone been able to hook this horn up to their bike ? other than a 2018 tomos. here is a picture of my wiring and my diagram , as for the 2018 horn it looks like it requires a ground and I have grounded and still no horn , all I get is a vibration or if I press on the plate of the horn it makes a sound.

PS: the red wire is for the horn switch and yellow is the power. I've also replaced the yellow with ground and still nothing

IMG_1359.jpg
977835BC-2545-4C7A-8562-5E1BC8BB3FA3-6596-000004B96297868D.jpg

Re: 2018 tomos "complicated horn" help to wire on 2002 tomos lx

Anthony Vargas /

someone explain how that small capacitor works.

Anthony Vargas /

please do explain :D lol I found some videos on youtube but its not applying anything to how to wire it properly to a moped , mostly just car and sports bikes

Little black thing make horn loud

Anthony Vargas /

like I know what it does, its how its supposed to be wired is my question.

Pretty crazy how tomos can turn 2 wires into 200...

Anthony Vargas /

lmfao yes and those two wires are giving me trouble no matter what combination I use lol . would it be wise to bridge the magneto's yellow cable directly to the horns capacitor and bypass the regulator ?

In your diagram the yellow wire supplies power to the horn, and green wire is the ground interrupted by the horn switch. The capacitor probably just makes the tone of the horn less erratic at idle

Anthony Vargas /

So yea your right and I had those connected properly but what I noticed was that there’s a hidden volume or plate adjuster on this horn lol it was hidden by a small black cap and silicone was used to cover the adjuster .. no idea why it was like that but I adjust the plate and it sounds nice but not loud enough so I made a direct connection between the magneto to the horn directly and also connected the yellow wire to the horn aswell and it got louder. Seems like there wasn’t enough power going to the horn. I bypassed the regulator for the horn only . Still regulating the lights . So for anyone with this horn just remove the black cap in the back and silicone and you can adjust the plate (volume) and also give it some more juice ;)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account