Throttle cable isn’t working properly

My tomos Lx has a delorto carb 14/12. Recently I replaced the throttle cable but my moped either is at full throttle or it doesn’t throttle at all when I put everything together.

I believe that the problem is that the spring is restricting the slide from going up and down. If I took off the spring would that fix this issue?

Re: Throttle cable isn’t working properly

Dirty30 Dillon /

Sounds like you didn't reassemble it correctly. I would suggest checking out a factory diagram and doing to disassembly/reassembly to correct the issue.

Make sure you put the slide in the correct way. There is a little pin inside the carb that must coincide with a groove on the side of the piston slide. This is what stops the slide from spinning around in there. If you put the slide in 180 degrees off, it won't go up and down properly and the throttle will be very stiff and won't return shut most likely.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

My guess is he put the throttle cable through the spring instead of outside the spring.

always full throttleď

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account