Puch throttle help

Jeffrey Quay /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

So I am rebuilding a 77 Puch Maxi S (first time rebuilding something) and I got new brake, throttle, and starter cables. I also got new hand grips and clutch/throttle assemblies and I have a few questions.

1. The new clutch handle needs a little nubbin like in the picture but the clutch cable just has bare wires. I've just attached the wires into the old clutch assembly for the time being but can I just get a nub put on? or do I just need a different cable?

2. Trying to attach the throttle cable to the throttle assembly I don't know how to get the cable to fit. This side seems like it needs a bare wire to go through the little hole then tighten down with the screw. Should I just cut the nub off and feed the wire through?

Please help. I thought this assembly was compatible with a puch but it seems the cables are a little funky. Its a lusito throttle assembly I got from DOS Cycles.

IMG_7008.jpg
IMG_4286.jpg
IMG_3576.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account