QT50 Will start but dies after a few seconds.

Louis Jacques /

I bought a QT50, it was running but needed work. I brought it home, cleaned the carb and put a new aftermarket air filter on it, and changed the oil. Now it won't start run for more than a few seconds. Also it has an oil injector but previous owner told me it doesnt work and just mixes the oil and gas before. Any ideas on possible problems would be great. also i am new to this

Re: QT50 Will start but dies after a few seconds.

Did you read re-jet the carb after changing airfilter? Sounds like it may be an air flow/ fuel mixture issue

what year?

Louis Jacques /

Full choke? Take your air filter off and choke it with your hand too and see if you can get it going. Take your pilot jet out of and blow it all out again, happens... And set your air screw to 1.25 turns out for a starting spot. Some of them are more cold blooded than others.

Also, I have re-built and modified at least 20 of these for friends and family and the only oil injector that I had fail was bought from Ebay from a YT60 and the adjuster nut was loose. They don't fail unless someone ruins it by "improving it."

Louis Jacques /

I have it running now, idles well with choke, will idle for a minute or so with choke off. doesnt run smooth when trying to accelerate, and dies when im slowing down. still trying to get the carburetor calibrated correctly. Any ideas on what i should check or if it isnt the carburetor and something else? thanks

-Louis

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account