Late model maxi wiring question

Question,

Coming from the stator, (85 Maxi) I have a blue/green wire as well as a solid green, both are powered. When I wire the brake lights "normally" (leaving the blue/green off the block) brake lights function normally, but are very dim. When I add the blue/green at the junction with the other blue/green wires, the brake light is always on (as would figure because of bypassing the switches) . IF I put the blue/green in junction WITH the solid green, I get nice, bright, perfectly functional brake lights. What "harm will eliminating the "regulator/voltage-limiter" do? and what "harm" will leaving the blue/green wired WITH the solid green do as to have good lighting?

What if I replaced the 6v bulbs with 12v of the same wattge? Or install a 6v regulator? I personally like the 12v option better as the lights would be brighter at speed. Any "clues" about the convoluted brake light wiring would be appreciated as well. Maybe the blue/green power wire is there to have the brake lights on dimly at all times, and then when the power from the green coil output is added they come on much brighter?

Thanks!!!

Ken

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account