Tomos steering handlebar stopper

Simon Belmont /

On a Tomos under steering handlebar there's a small metal latch that prevents the steering from going too far (to prevent wheel from turning too much & flipping the rider over) anyway the metal stopper piece on the bottom is made out of steel but the latch on the actual fork is made out of aluminum which is a soft material, on my Tomos this soft part got erased after a while so now it's not stopping the steering at the correct position. At first I was thinking of drilling a small hole in aluminum and threading in a steel bolt there so that the head of the bolt would serve as a stopper for metal latch underneath the frame but then I decided why not just glue some hard pads to the sides of the gas tank between the tank and the fork to stop steering from going to far, what do you guys think?

Re: Tomos steering handlebar stopper

I think you're over thinking .

If you have to depend on a steering stop to keep you on two wheels , maybe you should just walk .

But , if you're simply concerned with the forks not marring the tank , then add a cushion to the forks where they might hit the tank .

Maybe :

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000SL0KJC/

Simon Belmont /

When your making a sharp turn to avoid collision and over-do it you will fall of a bike unless that stopper is there.

whack the tab higher or weld on a chunk of metal, kaboom

> Simon Belmont Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> When your making a sharp turn to avoid collision and over-do it you will

> fall of a bike unless that stopper is there.

Bullshit .

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Simon Belmont Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > When your making a sharp turn to avoid collision and over-do it you

> will

>

> > fall of a bike unless that stopper is there.

>

> Bullshit .

I think it's more 50/50. If you jam the handlebars to the side at any speed you're gonna go down quick. The likelihood of you dumping the bike increases with the angle at which you turn the bars, and whether or not that stopper would save you is really just guesswork. But I guess it makes it less likely to happen, even if only by a tiny amount

Hacked all that stuff off my tomos frame long ago. Haven't fallen due to it being absent yet.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account