Peugeot 103 crush ring

So I have a ninja pipe on my gilardoni 101E 70cc. Can someone please give me a run-through with the installation for the copper crush ring in the exhaust? I have it placed but it's not crushing much. Do I need to tighten it down while the motor is hot?

Re: Peugeot 103 crush ring

But does it leak? If it doesn't, ur golden.

You shouldn't need to install it hot...I might be superstition but I never fuck with studs on a hot motor...

Wait, do 103's have the giant captive nut screw in exhausts like a Moby? Or more accurately, does the kit ur using?

I will have to fire it up tomorrow to see of it leaks or not. The main reason I'm asking is because the exhaust isn't fully seated to the exhaust port. There's a gap that's about 1/4" between the gasket and the port. The kit I'm using doesn't seem to have a captive nut, but the exhaust port is threaded. Between the crush ring and the exhaust gasket is a cylindrical adapter.

pictures might help.

If you are using a bolt on flange type of pipe, you don't need the copper crush washer.

Just the gasket for the flange.

Also you don't really need that cylindrical thingy

Just bolt the pipe to the cylinder with an exhaust gasket.

But if your header threads into the cylinder, like it would on a stock top end, then you need the copper ring

Oh good to hear! Thank you. I suspected I wouldn't need them, but a friend of mine suggested there should be a crush ring since it had the cylinder adapter. I'll get all installed and see how well it seals up.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account