Anatomy of my rear wheel (HELP!)

Andrew Brusnahan /

So I finally frankensteined my Tomos Targa (I believe) back together and I was out riding it yesterday when my rear wheel decided to come loose going full speed around a curve. It was almost bad but I kept control. I tried fixing it and got it all put back together but when I tried going it bent the tensioner and fouled the chain up inside the case. If I tighten the nuts too tight the wheel won't turn, and too loose causes the the wheel to move. I'm convinced I'm missing something and I can't understand the diagram that Google gives me. Can someone help me?

I can only attach 3 files so I will have to include more pics in a response to this thread. The first pic shows my bent tensioner. The second pic shows how I have the left side set up and the third pic shows my right side setup. Its basically a nut, washer, and tensioner, and then the swingarm. (edited)

IMG_3311.JPG
IMG_3313.JPG
IMG_3314.JPG

Re: Anatomy of my rear wheel (HELP!)

Andrew Brusnahan /

The first pic here is what is behind the swingarm on the left side. It is just a washer I found that I thought was necessary. The second pic is what is behind that washer. The 3rd pic is the right side area behind the swingarm and is basically just a washer.

IMG_3315.JPG
IMG_3316.JPG
IMG_3317.JPG

get some washers that fit tighter on your axle so it hits the inner race of your bearing and not your hub. space it out so the hub nuts don't touch the swing arm, or buy the correct spacer. go slow and snug everthing up proper.

Andrew Brusnahan /

What are hub nuts? The nuts holding the sprocket on? Sorry I’m a bit of a rookie

Yes

Pic shows rear sprocket bolt heads too close to swingarm fork. Washers must be wrong.

You need bushings, cut to the proper length. Washers can work, but its pretty ghetto.

here.....

Tomos-A3-Spoke-Wheel-Parts-1-221x600 (1).gif
Tomos-A3-Spoke-Wheel-Parts-1-221x600.gif
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account