NSU Quickly T

Hello folks. I'm new to the group. I'm in MA. Are there any NSU riders here? I've had a Quickly T since the late 60s. After an accident back then, I briefly got it barely running. I was about 23 yrs old. Marriage and life got in the way of fixing it up when there were parts available in the Boston area. I kept it though, and got it running 3 years ago, and got parts from Germany. I still need a few things, but it's road worthy now. I look forward to hearing from you.

Payson.

Re: NSU Quickly T

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Welcome. That bike is just oozing with style. Is there a leg shield or engine cover of some sort missing? Either way it’s cool.

kevin Smellaflange /

i'm in the Boston-ish area.

i know a guy who does a decent job with seat covers.

this bike should have video fix-it-up you-tube section.

NSU's are exceptionally rare in the US. I love em, but rarely see any. pretty envious, stunning bike

Captain Janeway /

Can't wait to see this all cleaned up. I love the lines of it. Almost looks like a relative of the Honda Cub.

I don't understand how this website works! I couldn't get the YouTube link I put up yesterday to play. Here it is copied.

When I reassembled the motor, I didn't pay attention to end play on the different shafts. It's a 3 speed so it has a few. I got new shift cables but they seem to be too long. I couldn't expand the adjusters enough to get the gears to line up, going 1,2,3, and then 3,2,1. So, I unsoldered the ends that go into the shift handle and shortened them by about 1/4". I know that maybe i could have put a ferrule on the ends that go through the engine case, to shorten things, but it's hard to feed them through the case when the engines already mounted. Does this make sense to anyone?

And, does anyone here have a 3 speed?

Payson.(edited)

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

It looks like you may have posted a link for a playlist or something.

While watching the video you want to post, select the “forward” icon in the video, then select “copy link”. Paste that in the box after selecting the “post video” icon here.

804D42DB-1BA6-401D-A4FA-AC535063DCAE.jpeg

very rare

get that bike done

Thanks on the tip to uploading videos. Sorry for the lapse in this discussion. I just took the bike off of the winter hibernation stand. When left with the fuel valve on, it leaks down, which is obviously a float issue, not the fuel line. i have not taken the top off of the bowl, but there must be a doughnut in there? The float has a point on one end of the shaft. Do you think it should point up or down? Up seems correct to me, but...

Thanks,

payson.

ID_10338_orig.jpg

That's a class ride! What year is it?

the point goes toward the needle seat its beveled and is where the gas comes in

Thank you Pat. I guess my greater question was whether there is a neoprene or rubber doughnut in the cover? I opened it up the other night and remembered that there is not. Motzke didn't answer the question, but gave me the part numbers and costs for a float and cover. I'll stay original for now, and turn off the petrol when shutting down.

While I think of it, can anyone tell me how many volts should be coming from the magneto for the lights?

Best,

Payson.

Payson.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account