Idle under weight! w/ VIDEO!

Ben Subz /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Main problem: under weight and stationary the bike conks out unless I blip the throttle a bunch... On stand it'll idle just fine for a long time.

Puch ZA50

Tecno circuit pipe

Dellorto PHBG 19mm, 50pilot & 85main, top clip -- stock the rest?, mixture screw @ 1/2 turn.

I've tried every variation of clip position, main jets between 85-92 and pilots between 43-50. This is the best idle I can get. It wont idle any slower without dying.

I thought the pilot was high, but it seems to idle way smoother and can last forever at a 50 instead of a 45 or 42.

The bike is warm i this video so I didn't use choke, and in order to get it going I gotta hit the throttle a bit -- not always though.

Overall it runs pretty well when revving slightly higher and goes fast, though it's a little slow off the line. I can still get around town if needed, but I would like if the idle would hold while at a light.

I've checked for air leaks, there are none!

Plug chops don't seem to tell me the truth cuz i've run this plug at very rich many times at all rev ranges so it's p much blacked.

P.s. that occasional weird ticking sound is my licence plate.

Video attached!! (hopefully it lets me)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18ztMv6qy3WVhzW_j8UtwNg-zuWZwbwty/view?usp=sharing

THANK YOU for any thoughts!!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account