Re: Sachs 505 Clutch Issues

Haden Asay /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Ok, so I found some time today to mess around with it a bit more and you were right, I went back to the stock setup and sure enough, I could only get up to around 15. I know for a fact when I tried that last, which was likely a couple of months ago, I was able to get to 30. I haven't done anything with the bike since then so I'm not sure what has caused this. Also when I was riding it today, I could hear it wasn't running right. I think I might pull the flywheel and clean it up a bit, it being rusty was the reason this bike wasn't running when I got it. I also might throw in a new plug and gas, the current plug looks like its fouled from running rich and the gas is about a year old. I'm not sure how to go about getting these mopeds to run leaner. Would I just need to find a smaller jet? I have the stock square bing and the stock airbox as well. I also might as well clean the carb up again.

I'm also curious as to how the bike can have zero axial play in the clutch, but still need the starter lever to start, does that make sense? I figure that zero axial play means that the clutch is engaged, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Thank you for all the input, I'm finally making some progress to getting this thing out there in the nice weather.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account