Re: 1980 Amf minarelli roadmaster

Trent Anderson /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I was originally excited to get mine, but after I got a good look at it, I gotta say, it's a pretty cheap looking moped.

The hand controls are plastic and look like they might break easily. The wiring harness looks very similar to that of the cheaper friction drive model, both being rather proprietary thus being harder to find parts for. The high sitting plastic fenders make it look like a dirt bike, and of course, if you drove it like one, you would trash it easily. I'm concerned that the frame is lighter than my 4 other brands of Minarelli bikes, as it feels 15 to 20 pounds lighter than a Motron, Snark, Safari, or Blanco.

Cleaned the carb, changed the plug and petcock, removed the plugged exhaust, and mine started right up. Headlight works. Can't tell if brake light switches are functioning. Sound like bearings are shot.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account