Re: Garelli SSXL stalls after riding for 15 minutes

Jason Kofke /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Condenser question: That's an electric component, right? (I know very little on electronics/ electrical systems. But I'm going to replace all the electric parts so as to learn.) Condenser is on the clutch side (left side) of bike, right? I did notice that a wire / wire housing running from the sparkplug to the (?) (Condenser) on the left side of the bike was a bit loose. I snugged it up and it seemed to run better. But I also adjusted the idle needle screw just before this. Something made it start and get me home after an hour of not being able to start it. What does the condenser do?

For fuel filter suggestion: good idea. I did notice some activity with bubbles in the fuel line moving around before and after the fuel filter and I wonder if that's part of the problem - maybe it's slowing fuel flow and starving the carb as I ride it. I'll order some new fuel line and give that a try if the problem comes up again.

Huge thanks for the suggestions.

hey, at least it started and got me home and I wasn't able to cause it to stall.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account