Sachs Balboa wants to go backwards

Harlen Butler /

as the "subject" says, my Balboa currently feels like going full on in reverse....have NO idea why or how to fix....haven't touched the magneto side, have taken carb apart to clean it...Throttle is currently stuck wide open;will be looking at that shortly..

any and all suggestions and such are welcome...

Regards

Re: Sachs Balboa wants to go backwards

I would check to see if you sheered the woudruf key. Pull magneto, check it out.

Probably have lap it and get a new key.... or something of that nature.

Timing timing timing timing your timing is backwards and you need to check it, pull the flywheel off. Probably sheared key yep. Doesnt take much, if you're off on timing it can start in the opposite direction and being 2 stroke it operate same either direction... old 2 stroke cars used to just start the engine backward as the reverse

Harlen Butler /

Key is fine. Mag is off....no clue what to do...stator hasn't moved it's in the same spot Chad put it.

20190403_170440.jpg

Harlen Butler /

good news, got her to fire; now i gotta check the clutch, if i hold the clutch lever in she'll run....

Some Sachs models came with a gearbox that allows you to go in reverse.

jk your timing is wack.

Harlen Butler /

Lmao this can be locked or what not.. Thank you all, I got her running now. Timing was, in fact, fubar'd. Clutch was wonky too

our friend bobby used to have a derbi GPR that'd run backwards, we took turns trying to balance on it and ride backwards across the lot. it was funny

and when matt built his PA50III Camino he used vespa wheels, the vespa transmission spins opposite a hobbit/camino though so he just timed the motor to run in reverse.

bonus relevance cuz it's a balboa tank!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account