Tomos Electric Woes

Your Gerlfriend /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Last i rode my bike, as I'm a block away from my house, and the whole bike cuts out, no spark to be found, tried a new spark plug, no dice.

I start to check for grounding problems in the stock wiring harness, can find anything. Caxe and I decide to just overhaul the wiring, as it has become a rats nest of obsolete accessories and previous repairs. Stripped everything non vital out, so I'm only running head/tail lights and a kill switch. Wired everything up as correctly as i assume it can be, going off of various wiring diagrams, as i could not find one that matches the set up of my bike.

still, no spark?

current theory is that the CDI box is bad, or more likely, I have wired something wrong and am going to feel dumb. who can say?

IMG_0021.JPG
IMG_0022.JPG

This is the center mass of wiring

IMG_0025.JPG

These are the kill switch wires, black goes to the cdi box, blue grounds at bare metal on the handlebar bracket

I'll post more pictures of the rest of the wiring.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account