tomos bullet not moving

kevin gorman /

Hi, i just fired up a 1985 Tomos Bullet, been sitting awhile any ways it seems to run however the rear wheel dosnt grab to move? the front sprocket seems to to have drag but the rear sprocket spins free? any help* Moved to this forum by simon

Re: tomos bullet not moving

you gotta lot to learn.....have a blast with it. its been great fun for me.(edited)

kevin gorman /

yeah i am 54 yrs old and work on HD and other stuff, never had a petal moped

picts always help, on a tomos the rear sprocket is attached to the hub w 4 bolts. does it rev to the moon?

kevin gorman /

actually the bolts are missing from the hub? do they screw into the hub?

kevin gorman /

trying to figure out that metal thing, that suppose to release choke., where to put in carb. the choke dosnt stay engaged

whats up with Robots?

mopeds

Jimmy Cincinnati /

You'll need to pull the rear wheel off & pull the hub. The rim is not threaded, it has spots inside where nuts fall into place (plus you will want to hold the nuts in place while you start threading your bolt in. There should be like a ring (looks like a head gasket almost) that sits up against the sprocket that once you tighten the bolts down you flatten the edges of the ring around the nuts to stop them from vibrating loose. If you dont have the ring anymore i would recommend you put lock nuts inside the hub.

Now might be a good time to replace the shaft seal sitting behind the engine sprocket. They are known to leak... evidence of this is oil flung all over the rear wheel.

1985 tomos is a good bike. It had the better made tomos clutches inside however your A3 engine is likely running the stock encarwi carb. I would suggest you track down a later model tomos A3 dellorto intake and a dellorto SHA 14/12 carb. Your bike will run better and faster with that "upgrade."

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account