Fuel filter/line assembly

I'm getting my mopeds on the road in the near future and one of the tasks is to add in-line fuel filters and new fuel line.

I went to the local ACE Hardware to get line used by 2 cycle chain saws and filters that SHOULD fit that size line. It's pretty difficult to slip the line onto the filters, so I boiled up some hot water, dipped the end of the line into the hot water for a second to make it a little more flexible, and slid the end onto the filter with minimal effort.

Do you think this will cause any problems with the fuel line?

Re: Fuel filter/line assembly

Angry Hipster /

That line is garbage. Go to napa and get some bulk 3/16" fuel line and be done with it.

kevin Smellaflange /

i've had good luck w/some blue yamaha fuel line...

it's still been flexible when i change over the filters...

it tends to turn green if someone leaves it on too long, yellow & blue make green.

small filters shouldn't be a problem getting fuel to the carb, ie; pingel high flow petcocks to deliver a garden hose worth of aviation fuel, H-D w/ an ANDREWS N4

cam installed for example.

I buy the colored fuel line from Treatland, sold by the yard. Colored to match my bikes.

And paper filters w/ magnet in a 10-pack from Scramazon (edited)

that thin hard line you need to heat can lead to fuel starvation issues.

i buy mine by the foot from the local honda dealer.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> Seth B Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I buy the colored fuel line from Treatland, sold by the yard. Colored to

> match my bikes.

>

> And paper filters w/ magnet in a 10-pack from Scramazon

I've never had luck with the paper filters on amazon, especially the cheap ones. I got box of 10, and they were not even filters, just a plastic container with 2 barbs on it and a piece of pleated paper bouncing around loosely inside, with no conceivable way of actually being able to filter anything.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account