Electrical help

Got my 2010 TOMOS Sprint DEMON SPAWN moped running...But now the headlight is dim, the horn, and kill switch still don't work...Now here's the kicker if I flip the ground switch to on, on the handlebars my lights turn on (brightly), and the horn works, just no kill switch still?!?!?!?!? What the hell is going on here!?!?!?

Re: Electrical help

picture of ground switch please.

Dude, totally a ground issue.when you press the horn ur giving the headlight a path to ground...

Looky here.

http://www.myronsmopeds.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/Tomos-Wiring-2008-11+-SprintSTLX-100dpi.jpg

Do tomos have a ground strap on the headset?

I'm not sure what that is? Or if I do or don't. What's it kook like?

would look like a braided metal cable. usually somewhat flat, connecting the headset to the frame...

you have voltage to the thingys, the question is where you are losing the ground,, running current through headset bearings is sketchy at best...maybe tomos runs the ground through the harness.....idk, havent had the time to look. im drunk right now

only ever had 1 tomos. ...have you opened up the switch housing and looked around for weird stuffs. corrosion ect?

Yeah I did have the switch open when I painted the handlebars, could that be part of the issue? Thanks again for the help!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Kill depends on ground from handlebars as do brake sensors.

the paint may be your problem...you never said you painted the bars lol..

Sorry, yeah I had to they were pretty rough!

Okay got the kill switch, taillight/brake light/switch, and engine running again, but now the headlight is giving me sxxt. It obviously has to have power and ground to work, but when I ground it, getting it to turn on, the engine dies?!?!?! Thoughts?!?!? Thanks again!!

I know this is an obvious answer but are you revving the engine? The headlights get brighter as the rpm rises.

My headlight turns on when my bike is kicked over and runs constantly. I think that may have something to do with the way my bike was rewired by it's previous owner.

> Quentin Moon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> My headlight turns on when my bike is kicked over and runs constantly. I

> think that may have something to do with the way my bike was rewired by

> it's previous owner.

That's what it's SUPPOSED to do,Quentin. Headlight should always be on with modern Tomos. UNLESS you have an off switch, which my 05 StreetMate doesn't. You can make it go off by putting the switch between HI and LO beam positions.

Oh I know!!! :-):-) I thought someone had asked if it had been switched off. But yeah sorry that was on a different thread.(edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account