magnum is dying at top end

My magnum keeps dying when I get really ripping. It really wants to move but then just bogs and starts to turn off. If you let off the throttle a bit, it'll come back sometimes. Other times it acts like it doesn't have any gas when I slow down it dies. It seems to happen mostly in second gear.

I took apart the carb and cleaned it today and it's still doing it. My friend said the next thing to check might be clutch or the reeds, but I just wanted to see if any ya'll had this experience.

Any ideas?

Info: Oh yeah, I have an e50 with a 70cc kit on (i think) I bought it off a guy and I can't really tell but it sure moves quick. I have a big ol' pipe and a PHBG 19 carb with a 90 jet.

Thanks!!

Re: magnum is dying at top end

You have an e50, it has one gear. Clutch and reeds have nothing to do with top end bogging. It sounds like you're fuel starving. Check your fuel flow, gas cap vent and float height.

Hey Daniel, thanks for the reply and sorry for being so late here. I worked on it all weekend. I have a ZA50, sorry my brain was stupid when I wrote that. I did check all those things. Bunch of knowledgeable dudes were helping me and we upjetted a bit and it got a little better but still does it at the very top. They also thought it was fuel starving so we checked all those things too. You got any other ideas?(edited)

Could be fuel foaming. Is your carb spigot mounted or clamp?

Overpriced Parts /

> P Dawg Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> My magnum keeps dying when I get really ripping. It really wants to move

> but then just bogs and starts to turn off. If you let off the throttle a

> bit, it'll come back sometimes. Other times it acts like it doesn't have

> any gas when I slow down it dies. It seems to happen mostly in second

> gear.

>

> I took apart the carb and cleaned it today and it's still doing it. My

> friend said the next thing to check might be clutch or the reeds, but I

> just wanted to see if any ya'll had this experience.

>

> Any ideas?

>

> Info: Oh yeah, I have an e50 with a 70cc kit on (i think) I bought it

> off a guy and I can't really tell but it sure moves quick. I have a big

> ol' pipe and a PHBG 19 carb with a 90 jet.

>

> Thanks!!

A big ol pipe don’t say much, jetting depends on pipe type, air filter and timing amongst other things

If I were you I’d run a 14mm bing and 14-15mm intake with 72 jet and 222atomizer to learn on because you may never dial a phbg in,

Though one of my favorite carbs a phbg carb is hard to dial in on a 70cc piston port kit for most people you may not know what parts ( needle, slide, atomizer, idle jet ect.) are even in it other than the main jet

it might be ignition related. points, plug, ground, condenser.cdi?

I’m gonna check this stuff out this weekend, guys. Thank you so much. I’ll report back and I’ll take some pictures

Try to open air mixture screw more

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account