2011 Tomos

Nicholas Brown /

This person wants 700 for this and it has 4100 miles, worth it?

Screenshot_20190317-073832.png

Re: 2011 Tomos

Nicholas Brown /

Says runs well and starts up quick

Not with that mileage.

If you take it for a nice 5 mile run and it runs great,YES, it IS worth 700 bucks.

Probably gonna need new clutch shoes with that mileage. I’d subtract $100 just for that. If it were in my neck of the woods, I wouldn’t pay more than $400 for a garden variety tomos step through.

That tint over the picture makes it really hard to see any detail but a complete, unmodified bike that does actually still run to 30mph smoothly without odd noises... I would give $500 for. As mentioned, clutches are not going to be in new condition and you will be approaching the replacement of other parts like brake linings, chain/ sprockets, bulbs, tires etc. All of those things need to be inspected and considered as part of the sale price to make it streetable and reliable after the purchase.

Nicholas Brown /

Thanks for the help, I'll offer him 500 and see what he says!

I ran 10,000 miles on MY first set of clutches,so I don't see it as a show-stopper. If you can get it for 600, that's a steal in my book.

BTW,you guys that stay on the throttle instead of letting up between shifts...……….THAT'S WHY you burn out clutches more quickly IMO.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account