Desperate for '72 Vespa Ciao Freewheel Nut

I've been resurrecting what appears to be a '72 Vespa Ciao Supreme (date of manufacture is Dec. '71. Has a sprung seat and springer fork).

The previous owner put on a nice pipe and big bore kit, but in doing so, he eliminated the pedal drive train. I've found everything I need to restore it but the freewheel nut.

I've ordered 2 different ones (one knock off, one NOS vespa), but each one has a hole in it that's too large to fit the axle shaft.

I am desperate to find this part. I'm willing throw a whole wheel/transmission at it if I have to, but I'd much rather just purchase the nut I need! Any help locating parts would be greatly appreciated!

I attached a pic of a similar Ciao I found on here with the nut location circled, just we we know we're talking about the same thing. I have a brand new freewheel, but that nut is elusive!

vespaciaofreewheelnut.jpg

Re: Desperate for '72 Vespa Ciao Freewheel Nut

The freewheel IS the nut

Angelo Massimino /

I believe I can help you.

If interested, drop me an email.

Thank you for the offer. I've emailed. Here is a pic of what I'm looking at.

IMG_20190316_142858.jpg

"The freewheel IS the nut"

Could you offer a link or pics? I've been looking through the shop manual, and it shows a nut in between the freewheel and the shaft. Might have the wrong manual! Whatever the case, I just need to get a chain connected here. (edited)

if u have the correct freewheel, you'll need this

1552844271406-629282571.jpg

ground doen to tighten between freewheel/nut n hub. gorgot if i had to mod the width of the tool or not but grind away as necessary. bonus same size as exhaust nut on pug/moby

The freewheel is NOT the nut! The freewheel screws onto the nut.

Sorry, I don't know where you can get them.

Whoa i had no idea those separated. The 30 of them ive handled were all probably super seized

hey that's stephens ciao. neat

IMG_20190323_1730238_rewind.jpg

Brian is this the manual your using?

if you don*t find it i may have it

got a whole 1 speed tranny in pieces.

could use that rear wheel for my 1 speed Ciao

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account